Community ServicesShushrusha Hospital
1) “Eye, Skin and Paediatric Health Check-up Camp” was held on Sunday the 20th March, 2015 in the memory of our founder late Dr. V. S. Ranadive at our hospital. The Ophthalmic Department examined 71 patients, Dermatology Department examined 14 patient and Paediatric Department examined 4 patients in the Camp. The Management appreciates contribution made by the Ophthalmologists, Dermatologist and Paediacians towards fulfilling its charitable aims.
2) Medical camp on “Multiple Sclerosis” was organized on Sunday the 28th February 2015 in association with Multiple Sclerosis Society of India. More than 56 patients have taken benefit of medical treatment including Clinical and diagnostic investigations.
3) Shushrusha Citizens’ Co-operative Hospital in association with Maharashtra Janavikas Kendra, has started TB Control and Community Projects for patients under which, the patients will be provided free investigations which includes Digital Chest X-Ray, Blood tests – CBC, ESR and free anti-TB Drugs.
4) Regular Blood donation camps were organized at Kirti College, Kohinoor College of Hotel and Tourism Management, Kannamwar Nagar, Vikhroli and Shiv Sena Shakha, Worli. The camp gets consistent good response from students, volunteers and well-wishers.
5) Shushrusha was a facilitator (as a Public Health contribution to Sanitation in Mumbai) to the building of a block of 14 Toilets in M ward by the combined efforts of AIILSG (All India Institute of Local Self- Government), CSSC (Centre for The Study of Social Change) and BMC (Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation) and a private donor.
6) Students of Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Dadar were addressed by Dr. Rekha Bhatkhande and Dr. Gautam Goel on management of medical emergencies in Hotel Industry.
7) Interest amount earned from donation of Rs. 15 lakhs received from Dr. P. S. Ramani was utilized for vaccination of senior citizens with Pneumococcal Vaccine and Flue Vaccine. The programme of vaccination was done under the supervision of Dr. Rekha Bhatkhande, Ex-Dean. The BMC in a subsequent meeting with Dr. Rekha Bhatkhande and officials of FESCOM (The Federation of Senior Citizens’ Organisations of Maharashtra) agreed to her proposal of free Adult Vaccination for all senior citizens.
8) The biannual issues of Swaasthya has been published on subject ‘Brain Health’ and ‘Gut Disorders’. The magazines received overwhelming response from the patients, members and staff.
9) During the year hospital introduced magazine Antarang’ for internal circulation wherein the achievements and social activities of the staff and their children are given wide publicity. The management feels that this will help the staff members to know the achievement of their colleagues and motivate them. to improve their general outlook and social status.
10) The Dilasa Centre has been organizing workshops and lectures on second Sunday of every month at OPD in the hospital for the last 7 years. This platform is provided by our hospital with a view to help elders to address their medical, emotional and financial issues under the guidance of experts and icons.